Thursday, April 10, 2008

I was right about that whole "what I said is getting cut" thing

Hey everyone, here's a link to the show I was on. I think I look and sound sort of dumb. And my hair is weird. Oh well.

Things that were cut:

The moderator asks me whether Americans will be OK with a black man in the White House. I explain why that's a bad question and why the media needs to take more responsibility in reporting based on policies.

The moderator asks me whether Americans will be OK with a woman in the White House. I say that the same answer applies.

The moderator asks me an actual question about economic policy. Cut.

At one point I start coughing a lot (I had the very end of a cold). They cut that. I'm happy about that specific cut.



Things I enjoy:

The moderator asks me a question about the types of supporters that Obama and Hillary draw. I try to avoid stereotyping and so talk about their image branding efforts.

He then turns to the Hillary girl and says "is it true that most of the supporters behind Hillary Clinton... are women and latin people."

At another point, he reveals his very thin layer of neutrality. "Yes, when Hillary is voted into the White House... presumably... That'd be GREAT!.... in the opinions of some people."

In general, he keeps trying to talk about stereotypes, colors, and large ethnic groups, and if we don't answer a question the way he wants us to, he rephrases and asks again.

I make a few feeble attempts at jokes. Very feeble.

And overall the show is boring. I would recommend watching the whole thing only to help you go to sleep.


http://www.cctv.com/program/e_dialogue/20080409/103862.shtml

No comments: